Conservative Diary

« How last week's Budget could have been a lot more radical | Main | George Osborne, the gambler let loose in the Treasury »

Another poll confirms that the Budget hurt the Liberal Democrats

We had two polls in the Sunday papers that suggested Coalition government - and the Budget in particular - was squeezing support for the Liberal Democrats. A third poll - ComRes for The Independent - confirms the squeeze and also that the Conservatives are reaching the 40% mark:

ComRes ComRes found that just 68% of people who voted Lib Dem at the General Election would still vote for the party now. Most of the remaining 32% would likely to go to Labour.

Tim Montgomerie


You must be logged in using Intense Debate, Wordpress, Twitter or Facebook to comment.