ConHQ announces the next ten of its forty target seats
By Tim Montgomerie
Follow Tim on Twitter
- Berwick-upon-Tweed, Lib Dem maj of 2,690
- Cheltenham, Lib Dem maj of 4,920
- Derby North, Lab maj of 613
- Dudley North, Lab maj of 649
- Newcastle-under-Lyme, Lab maj of 1,552
- North Cornwall, Lib Dem maj of 2,981
- St Austell and Newquay, Lib Dem maj of 1,312
- Walsall North, Lab maj of 990
- Wells, Lib Dem maj of 800
- Wirral South, Lab maj of 531.
We learnt earlier this month that twenty of the forty seats are currently held by the Lib Dems. The Tories have decided that the collapse in the Lib Dem vote represents a must-seize once-in-a-generation opportunity. Seven of the twenty named so far are LibDem-held; thirteen to come...