The timetable for selection has been released in the wake of the Greg Dyke debacle:
- Applications must be submitted by Monday the 16th July
- Applications will be processed and a shortlist drawn up by Friday the 3rd August
- The Conservative Party will hold a series of hustings in first half of September
- A London-wide Primary will be held in September with the ballot closing on Wednesday the 26th September.
- The Conservative Party Candidate will be announced before the Party’s Annual Conference in Blackpool, starting on the 30th September.