By Joseph Willits
Follow Joseph on Twitter
According to reports this morning, more evidence is emerging over a Labour cover up on immigration. Both the Daily Mail and the Daily Express refer to £165,000 of taxpayer-funded documents prepared by the Department for Communities and Local Government which were never published by the previous government.
The documents contain new revelations about migrants from Bulgaria and Romania, as well as some more general statistics on immigration. Some of the previously unknown findings are as follows:
- 25 % of those arriving from Bulgaria and Romania had low education levels.
- Many immigrants from Bulgaria and Romania had four or more children.
- Three in every 100 migrants from Bulgaria and Romania had five children or more.
- The likelihood of claiming unemployment benefits was higher amongst Bulgarians and Romanians than other immigrants.
- Unemployment generally worse in the immigrant population as a whole.
- The immigrant community is less likely to take part in forms of civic participation.
- A population increase of 4 million from 2008 - 2018.
- A third of people in London were born outside of the U.K.
- By 2004-2007, net immigration was at 178,300.