This morning I can reveal the six finalists for the nomination to succeed John Gummer as Conservative candidate in Suffolk Coastal.
They were chosen by the association officers (not CCHQ), and will battle it out at a special general meeting of the association on Saturday February 6th.
- Tim Clark - Headmaster of a Lincolnshire grammar school, who wrote this article on education on ConservativeHome last November. Contested Sheffield Brightside in 2005.
- Hugo de Burgh - Director of the China Media Centre at the University of Westminster, he lives in the constituency. More on Wikipedia.
- Therese Coffey - Candidate at the 2009 European election in the South East and in Wrexham at the 2005 general election. Trained chartered management accountant, now working in the BBC Property Department.
- Kay Mason - Businesswoman and farmer from Norfolk. Stood in Norwich North at the 2001 general election.
- Sophie Stanbrook - Ipswich-based lawyer who stood for Suffolk County Council last year and Ipswich Council in 2007. Granddaughter of former MP Ivor Stanbrook.
- Nadhim Zahawi - Served on Wandsworth Council for twelve years, he co-founded the polling company YouGov and remains its CEO. Contested Erith and Thamesmead in 1997.
The successful candidate will inherit a notional majority of 9,674 over Labour.