Contrary to press reports the A-list top-up is probably closer to fifty in number than one hundred (although sources within CCHQ are giving ConservativeHome slightly contradictory messages).
Listed below are the names of people who ConservativeHome understands to be on the A-list top-up.
- Mohammed Abdel-Haq (PPC for Swansea West 2005)
- Lucy Allan (Wandsworth councillor)
- Phillip Allott (Managing Director, PPC Bolton West 2005)
- Imtiaz Ameen (PPC Blackburn 2005, Dewsbury South councillor)
- Simon Baynes (PPC Montgomeryshire, 2005)
- Fiona Bulmer (Normanton 1997 and Barnet councillor)
- Elizabeth Campbell (Gateshead East and Washington West 2001 and K&C councillor)
- Joanne Cash (Barrister)
- Rehman Chishti (Labour PPC for Horsham, 2005)
- James Cleverly (PPC Lewisham East, 2005)
- Antonia Cox (Evening Standard leader writer and former investment banker)
- Tracey Crouch (formerly Chief of Staff to David Davis)
- Iain Dale (PPC Norfolk North, 2005)
- Margaret Doyle (Westminster councillor and journalist)
- Jackie Doyle-Price (PPC Sheffield Hillsborough, 2005)
- Flick Drummond (PPC Southampton Itchen, 2005)
- Deborah Dunleavy (PPC Bolton SE, 2005)
- Christine Emmett (businesswoman and community activist)
- Victoria Elvidge (PPC Birmingham Erdington, 2005)
- Joanna Gardner (South Shields 2001 and K&C councillor)
- Samantha George (Sheffield Central 2005 and Merton councillor)
- John Glen (PPC Plymouth Devonport, 2001 and Director of Conservative Research Department since 2005)
- Kedra Goodall (Target seats coorduinator for SE England at the 2005 General Election)
- Dr Lynne Hack (Surrey County Councillor)
- Mimi Harker (West Bromwich West 2005 and Chiltern district councillor)
- Simon Hart (Countryside Alliance)
- Martin Howe (QC and eurosceptic nephew of Sir Geoffrey Howe)
- Gareth Johnson (PPC Dartford 2005)
- Debi Jones (PPC for Sefton Central)
- Danny Kruger (Special Adviser to David Cameron)
- Kwasi Kwarteng (PPC Brent East, 2005)
- Stella Kyriazis (PPC Telford, 2005)
- Sheila Lawlor (Director of Politeia)
- Jessica Learmond-Criqui (Trinidad-born, Hampstead-based employment lawyer)
- Jessica Lee (PPC Camberwell and Peckham, 2005)
- Jonathan Lehrle (Redcar 2005 and ex-chief of staff to Michael Ancram)
- Mary Macleod (Ross, Skye and Lochaber 1997, Deputy Chairman K&C Tories and Candidates Association Chairman)
- Sameer Mirza (PPC Birmingham Sparkbrook, 2005, insurance broker and businessman)
- Anne Marie Morris (West Sussex Councillor)
- Cllr Caroline Mosley (PPC Warrington South, 2001)
- Lucille Nicholson (PPC Easington, 2005)
- Jesse Norman (activist and author of Compassionate Conservatism)
- Judith Pattinson (former Carlisle Mayor)
- Annunziata Rees-Mogg (PPC Aberavon, 2005)
- Sarah Richardson (Westminster councillor)
- Dominic Schofield (PPC Battersea, 2005)
- Henry Smith (PPC in Crawley in 2005 and Leader of West Sussex County Council)
- Anne-Marie Trevelyan (Berwick Conservatives)
- Paul Uppal (PPC for Birmingham Yardley 2005)
- Mary Weale (K&C councillor)
- Laurance Wedderburn (PPC Leigh, 2005)
If you know of someone on the list please email [email protected].
Editor's confidentiality guarantee: Publishing the first A-list caused ConservativeHome's traffic to double. It was, of course, the list that nearly every Tory wanted to see. I always tell people, however, that the list of people who told me who was on the list would have been a more interesting one! I say this because I want to underline that I always respect the confidentiality of sources. Always.
The first A-list was published here.
NO COMMENTS WILL BE POSTED UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN CHECKED BY THE EDITOR OR DEPUTY EDITOR.
Subscribe to ConservativeHome's newsletter by entering your name and email address below. A free subscription to the newsletter means you never miss out on ConservativeHome's biggest stories...