Programme for Saturday 9th March Conference
The name of the Central London Location will be supplied to registered delegates via email, 24 hours before event.
All enquiries to email@example.com.
Reception from 10am.
- Register at our welcome desk.
- Enjoy a cup of tea and a biscuit.
- Visit exhibition stalls from Conservative Way Forward, the Conservative History Group and the European Conservative and Reformists Group.
10.30am Formal start of Conference. Don't be late!!
- Welcome from the Conference Chairman, Nadhim Zahawi MP.
- The purpose of the day - Remarks from Tim Montgomerie of ConservativeHome.com
A presentation from Lord Ashcroft. Includes Q&A.
11.30am THE MESSAGE, MACHINE AND MANIFESTO WE NEED FOR A MAJORITY
- Stephan Shakespeare of YouGov and ConservativeHome sets out his vision of a one nation conservative message
- Matthew Elliott of the TaxPayers' Alliance and the No2AV campaign sets out his thinking on the kind of machine that political parties need to win elections in the present age.
- Backbench Tory MP Jesse Norman presents the policy challenges that the next Tory manifesto must address.
- All panellists will speak and then there'll be Q&A.
12.30pm FREE LUNCH
Kindly sponsored by Conservative Way Forward.
A presentation from Grant Shapps MP, the Conservative Party Chairman followed by Q&A.
2pm QUESTION TIME: HOW THE TORIES CAN WIN IN 2015
- Each panellist will give three minute presentations before Q&A.
- The panellists are:
- Martin Callanan MEP, European Conservatives and Reformists
- Anne McElvoy, The Economist
- Fraser Nelson, Editor of The Spectator
- Steve Richards, Columnist for The Independent
- Liz Truss MP, Education Minister
Session stops at 2.50pm in order to give people time to get to their workshops in good time.
3pm FIRST STREAM OF WORKSHOPS BEGIN
3.45pm SECOND STREAM OF WORKSHOPS BEGIN, with 15 minute tea and coffee service
During this 105 minute period all delegates will choose to attend two of four workshops:
- How to win amongst ethnic minorities: Workshop with Gavin Barwell MP, opinion polling expert Kevin Culwick - Director of LordAshcroftPolls.com, Paul Goodman of ConservativeHome and Tory Vice-Chairman Alok Sharma MP.
- How to win in the North: Workshop with Lord Bates, Martin Callanan MEP, Stephan Shakespeare of YouGov and John Stevenson MP.
- How to win amongst Blue Collar Britain: Philip Davies MP, Nadine Dorries MP, Robert Halfon MP and Dave Skelton of Policy Exchange.
- How to win amongst Women: Andrea Leadsom MP, Tory Vice-Chairman Sarah Newton MP, Tom Mludzinski of Ipsos-MORI and Amber Rudd MP.
4.45pm KEYNOTE ADDRESS FROM THERESA MAY MP
- Back in the main hall, the Home Secretary's speech, followed by Q&A.
5.25pm TEN IDEAS TO WIN THE NEXT ELECTION
- Publication of the Ten ideas that Tory members think are most likely to win the next election
- With responses from Dan Hannan MEP, Rob Halfon MP and Mark Reckless MP.
5.55pm CONFERENCE CLOSES WITH REMARKS FROM PAUL GOODMAN.
6pm EUROPEAN RECEPTION hosted by Martin Callanan MEP, Chairman of the European Conservatives and Reformists Group.